Who played this map?

Post by Jan »

It had a major ODDWORLD feeling.

Lexslavrov
ViP
ViP

Re: Who played this map?

Post by Lexslavrov »

This looks like a mix of much more than one map.

Registered

Post by iCQ »

So i can tell you never played it....

DUDE this map is AWESOME... that platform at the other side makes it look like a platform game.

OH WAIT i know what you mean... sorry! :))

i just talk about that one map where i time stamp to https://youtu.be/iDyXwCk9bO4?t=58

From 58 seconds to 69 seconds, that part of the video i-)

looks like ODDWORLD

Lexslavrov
ViP
ViP

Post by Lexslavrov »

Hate platforms. Dislike everything which reminds me of their existence.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Lexslavrov wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 05:43
Hate platforms. Dislike everything which reminds me of their existence.

Oh hahaha sorry sir, calm down i wont post anything platform related for at least a month ok?

🤓👍

Lexslavrov
ViP
ViP

Post by Lexslavrov »

i wont post anything platform related for at least a month ok?
Feel free to post anything you like :)
But nothing you post will change my hatred to platform stuff. And BTW I hate them calmly and consistently.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

CALMY AND CONSISTENTLY....
iCQ wrote:i write this LEX QUOTE down...
i already know, i will use it a LOT irl

and if anyone comes to me asking where i got that one from i will say: WITH LOVE FROM RUSSIA!

i hate haters but i love you man... hahahahaha... shit u got me again :ymapplause:

DAMN.... your English is excellent sir! Love it! :))

CALMY AND CONSISTENTLY

Lexslavrov
ViP
ViP

Post by Lexslavrov »

Haters hate things because they think it is coll to hate these things.
I am hating platforms because they in every way worse than PC.
What is platform? It is a normal PC castrated of many abilities except games. It is like people with Down syndrome... They can be excellent with math or some other very narrow fields, but lack of social skills makes everyone super unhappy.
Platform is a perversion.
They simplify games to fit to this halfwit controls.
Just try to imagine Half Life looking like Mortal Combat: several worlds packed into 3-screen-wide 2D phonebooth.
Yes, there are games good for platforms. Like tetris and arcades. But no... they want to turn Half Life into tetris!!!

Registered

Post by iCQ »

so true!!!!

(u giving me HL tetris nightmares?) 😫

last week i had this crazy brainstorm/vibe... half day dreaming i imagined the gaming industry died same way as music industry.

Now i not against nitendo, playstation or xbox. But they dumb down people so much.

With a PC kids can learn so much more. When i was doing my study the speech recognizion was a HOT item. We spend countless hours speculating if it would kill the keyboard/mouse someday.

Now it was more "touch screen" which did that. Still... i not sure is it for the better or not?

In star trek they talk to the net like with the night rider and its kit car.

I see many people in asia instruct their phones with their voice but it is not widely used here in Europe.

Actually i am about to reset my android device. But i still not sure how to set it up this time. Last year i studied googles voice assistant and it worked great.

My problem is i cannot always talk to my phone.

If i sit at the train station or airport and i want to write a private email or chat... everybody can hear the content! Worse is that is it super impolite to speak in public places to someone who is "not even there".

Besides all voice would be send to google (not that i mind).

You know what i should do??? See the new OS-es that come out for mobile devices in Russia/Asia.

The next google killer should be ready soon... i mean
... the market has a open gaping hole.

I love the purism phone... maybe i should invest in that next...

Lexslavrov
ViP
ViP

Post by Lexslavrov »

In those old-old-old times when computer came into my life... In order to play game you have to write this game at the first place. Literally.
Almost every smart kid in my class was into programming and related things like math and geometry.

Today we harvest a fruit of computers being user-friendly. So friendly they started to do our job. Like why do I need to spell this word correctly? Spellchecker will correct it for me... And we are forgetting how to spell.
If there is a great voice recognition - you don't have to spell anything!
Everything is so easy... Damn... Harder tasks make harder people: harder workers, harder thinkers, etc...
There is a good balance point. "Easy to learn, hard to master". Yes, getting into some game is easy. But mastering your skill to the top - that's a different level.
Same is shooting in real life. Is it hard to understand how gun works? No. Most guns have like only 3 controls. And using one of them is optional :)
But mastering you skill to hit 90 of 100 - that's a totally different level!

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Lexslavrov wrote:
09 Apr 2020, 14:03
In those old-old-old times when computer came into my life... In order to play game you have to write this game at the first place. Literally.
Almost every smart kid in my class was into programming and related things like math and geometry.

Today we harvest a fruit of computers being user-friendly. So friendly they started to do our job. Like why do I need to spell this word correctly? Spellchecker will correct it for me... And we are forgetting how to spell.
If there is a great voice recognition - you don't have to spell anything!
Everything is so easy... Damn... Harder tasks make harder people: harder workers, harder thinkers, etc...
There is a good balance point. "Easy to learn, hard to master". Yes, getting into some game is easy. But mastering your skill to the top - that's a different level.
Same is shooting in real life. Is it hard to understand how gun works? No. Most guns have like only 3 controls. And using one of them is optional :)
But mastering you skill to hit 90 of 100 - that's a totally different level!
So well said sir... it worries me sometimes.

Talking about guns and shooting picture... I MEAN GUNS:

These days its always the idiot in the news with a gun. Geezzz... guns in streets and schools? WHERE YOU BRING YOUR LAND USA???

Seriously... fools with guns.

BUT BACK ON TOPIC.....

Same thing goes for weapons these days. Same as with computers. We handy guys make laser guided missiles so any fool can press the big RED BUTTON to wipe out some town for some oil or chick.

Sickening...

there seems to be no art in making war anymore:

images (1).jpg
images (1).jpg (6.62 KiB) Viewed 639 times
images.png
images.png (11.31 KiB) Viewed 639 times
the-art-of-war-183.jpg
download (4).jpg
download (4).jpg (6.14 KiB) Viewed 634 times

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Lexslavrov
ViP
ViP

Post by Lexslavrov »

You seek for the problem in wrong place.
Fools were around since the beginning of time. Guns are around for hundreds of years. So it is natural sometimes those entities intersect. So as fools and cars, fools and dangerous equipment, hazardous chemicals, electricity... fucking fire was here before humans!
If you think gun is dangerous... you better think again :) and to give you some directions - let's think about some Chinese man with canister of gasoline and box of matches in Chinese subway in rush-hour...

Good point, don't you agree?
There is a great concept of misdirection - problem is not guns, problem is people. Not all people, but people who neglect.
For example. One who neglect firearm safety can kill someone by accident. But they always blame the gun.
Drunk driver crashes into bus stop, kills 3-4 people. They blame driver. But if we to follow a logic established before - we should blame the car. But we don't ;) Nobody does.
I am thinking the greatest problem is fools. They run this world, actually.
No, presidents are not fools. Prime ministers are not fools. Politicians are not fools. But they do what fools want them to do. Because they need votes to win elections, and fool's votes are easiest to take. And some people say 95% of all people are fools. If in elections you gonna have 95% votes, who the hell cares about other 5% and what they think about?
All world works for a fools. They invented safety razor... They invented tons of super-safe things... a car which wold not move unless every seatbelt is buckled... safety switch that will switch electricity off faster than you can have any damage buy bathing with your toaster, etc.
And this brings more fools to the world. Because fools are kept safe - they got bored and multiply. And they make even fooler fools who manage to bypass all those sophisticated safeties, thus creating a need for even more sophisticated safety.
But what is the end of this path?... Where it goes for humankind?

Registered

Post by iCQ »

Sir.... i think i maybe express myself in the wrong way.

I be stupid to blame the "gun". Of course it is the FOOL i have trouble with. I am an educated man... and i DO care.

Now cars and guns are not my cup of tea. I am more into helicopters and rockets...

Not that i currently have the cash for either of those. Also i am born in a country that just came out of the war. So here we have law designed to keep peace. My government had the bright idea to LIMIT the amount of guns in the country. Thank god for that because i tell you we have PLENTY fools here!

When i see your videos with rifles and guns i get jealous. I never learned to really be a sharp shooter. Sure i can handle a gun... do not mistake about it.

Wait let me re-read your post. One moment.

OH YES.. hahaha that cartoon... hhehehehehehe =))

A chinese with a lighter in a subway.... oh boy oh boy :angry-extinguishflame:
Lexslavrov wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 07:12
I am thinking the greatest problem is fools. They run this world, actually.
No, presidents are not fools. Prime ministers are not fools. Politicians are not fools. But they do what fools want them to do. Because they need votes to win elections, and fool's votes are easiest to take. And some people say 95% of all people are fools. If in elections you gonna have 95% votes, who the hell cares about other 5% and what they think about?
All world works for a fools. They invented safety razor... They invented tons of super-safe things... a car which wold not move unless every seatbelt is buckled... safety switch that will switch electricity off faster than you can have any damage buy bathing with your toaster, etc.
And this brings more fools to the world. Because fools are kept safe - they got bored and multiply. And they make even fooler fools who manage to bypass all those sophisticated safeties, thus creating a need for even more sophisticated safety.
But what is the end of this path?... Where it goes for humankind?
Well what you say here is, in my humble opinion, ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Now i am not surprised you would say this to me one day.

I do not call you a SIR for no reason! I know a man when i see one. :text-welcomewave:

By the way... i am still tweaking the themes a bit. I wanted to restore the old UNREAL TOURNAMENT forum section feeling. But it will overwrite your pycode theme when you go out of the lobby and the lounge. What you think? is it ok? Hope you not mind the changes. Also i really do my best to make you feel at home brother.

Since i upgraded the phpBB to the lastest version i also had to install the new themes (old ones that i tweaked not work properly anymore). In fact upgrading was more trouble than i expected. But i like trouble so do not worry. :ymsick:

Now everything is way more fast and secure... (not that i care about the last part, i have a great lawyer who's begging for more jobs).

Oh... and totally fixed the spam problem we had in the old forums. Oh boy... spam spam spam:

Note the vickings in the background... Monty Python... HILARIOUS! :))

Lexslavrov
ViP
ViP

Post by Lexslavrov »

My government had the bright idea to LIMIT the amount of guns in the country. Thank god for that because i tell you we have PLENTY fools here!
I am starting to lean to thinking limiting amount of guns is not a good idea. Limiting amount of fools is a better one.
But there arises a conflict with basic civil rights. Because right to live does apply to every living person, whether is fool or not.

USA... I never tried, but... I think living in the USA is hard. Compared to our countries where guns are limited - living in USA implies... more like survival stuff. BUT... A really big BUT...
They say "when seconds matter - cops are minutes away".
In every country, anywhere in this universe - you are a primary agent in your own survival! That is an axiomatic.
And in USA (most states) you have an access to the most effective self-defense tool - a handgun. Plus there is a way to always have this tool at hand - somewhere you can just carry gun, somewhere you can be licensed for this.
This is really cruel from the perspective of a person... but from the perspective of a nation it is great. Because they have a mechanism of natural selection in their society. If you are capable, smart, strong person - you have a chance to survive. Criminals, violent, dangerously mentally ill persons have a great chance to be killed... but lets say "disposed of" instead of "killed". Their genetic material is consistently pulled off from the nation.
By setting this hard survival standards they make themselves in strong and powerful, survivalist nation.
And I am pretty sure Americans will survive this coronavirus, as a nation. They have abilities to survive any goddamn apocalypse. Because surviving is what they do on everyday basis.
For others - I am not sure at all. Most other nations are like babies. If they can't reach mommy's titty - they just starve to death.
Switzerland will survive.
Israel will survive.
Africa will survive.
Others? It is highly questionable...
When i see your videos with rifles and guns i get jealous. I never learned to really be a sharp shooter. Sure i can handle a gun... do not mistake about it.
Being sharp is not first important thing.
You must have ability to be a decent shooter UNDER STRESS.
Probably you hears stories of people failing to shoot an assailant 3-5 paces away... I mean it is easy to shoot from prone position, with comfortable mat under you, in the safe and controlled environment of shooting range. But not so easy when suddenly you find yourself being shot at.
I know a man who was at war... probably wars. He told things... Once he hid himself behind concrete pole in the field and told his brother to shoot rifle to his position from different distances. Just to know what it sounds like someone shooting you.
I do not call you a SIR for no reason! I know a man when i see one.
Thanks.
By the way... i am still tweaking the themes a bit. I wanted to restore the old UNREAL TOURNAMENT forum section feeling. But it will overwrite your pycode theme when you go out of the lobby and the lounge. What you think? is it ok?
No problem.
This black and yellow are good together.
Note the vickings in the background... Monty Python... HILARIOUS!
I am not a fan of Monty, but I am familiar with this sketch and several others.
Vikings are a little bit too bizarre, but I can take that :)
After this

nothing is too bizarre :)

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is an old saying... without a fool you not have a hero.

I will read and reply your post a bit later. I have to go out to some friends... this and that.

And i would not dare to hurry my reply to you sir. Please be patient, i be back tonight... then i sleep.. then in the night i wake up and do a proper reply.

Limit fools no... limit foolishness yes can be done! We have laws for that. In my country they are less strict. Many people here already pleat for stronger rules. But that is difficult dear brother...

Now there is NO WAY on earth we can solve the worlds problems in a chat box this small.

But if we think out of the box... if we work together and have guts... we can make the world as flat as a dime! (that would be the end of it... but i think u got my point).

SHIT I HAVE TO YET THEY WAITING FOR ME... by the way... YOU ARE IN VIP STATUS NOW SIR! @onion14@

Oh and your admin status is back also.... sorry i had to reset groups, ranks and accounts and permissions... its complicated. But i have to do this before i have 1000 people registered. And thrust me the day will come this forum will be JAM PACKED (with fools? we will see brother... we will see).

Anyway dear jedi friend from Russia, beware your powers. You can edit any post any user... ban anyone... just poke around do not worry i have daily backups so if anything goes wrong let me know and i bring us back in time (one day, one week max).
Force_Destruction.jpg
Force_Destruction.jpg (37.51 KiB) Viewed 597 times

Your home is my home Lex

75.jpg